Royce’s Marketing Plan
A Win-Win Approach to Selling Your Home
My philosophy about selling real estate is simple, I showcase the value of your home so that buyers can see its full potential and desire your property even more. By motivating buyers to appreciate the full value of your property I obtain the best possible price for your home. I create a stress-free experience shielding you from the complications of transacting real estate. I provide an attentive ear to your wishes and work to educate you to as much or as little as you want about real estate. Ultimately, I am your advocate, and my mission is to execute and perform to beyond your satisfaction. As an accomplished REALTOR® I apply my experience and take a personal interest in you. I have a vested interest in the sale of your home for the highest possible price the market will bear in the shortest amount of time!
Representing my clients is my top priority. I am responsive to inquiries not only from you, but to buyers, agents and other professionals involved in the transaction. I harness the latest technologies to communicate and advertise and will do my best to show your home in the best possible light. Personally, I am respected in the real estate community as a “quality agent”, which means that other agents will be happy to show my listings to their buyers.
Before we go to market…
- Market Survey – I preview competing listings to see how your home compares. I look at recent sales, perhaps even contacting the listing agent, taking notice of any special circumstances that might have affected the sales price, such as divorce or structural problems.
- Expert Comprehensive Market Analysis – I perform a thorough market analysis of your property.The keyword here is thorough. I will show you the Current Competition and the Recent Sales and calculate the estimated proceeds you should receive at closing. I base my pricing recommendations both on closed sales and the current competition, incorporating current market trends with your goals.
- Pre-Marketing Improvement Suggestions & Assistance – I will perform a walk-through of your home and identify items that should be repaired or improved prior to going to market. I know what the market considers important and what can be overlooked. I can even help you get the repairs completed quickly at a reasonable cost without too much hassle on your part. When you hire me to sell your home, you will have access to my preferred home improvement contractors. Bottom-line: if we can’t recover the money we put in, then I won’t ask for it to be done.
- Spruce-Up House Cleaning (when appropriate) – A clean home is essential to obtain top-dollar for your home. I can arrange to have your home thoroughly cleaned before going to market and even after you move out.
“What to Expect” Seller Booklet- I have created a helpful booklet describing the process of marketing your home with information such as … how to prepare for showings, what to expect when buyers look at your home, how to respond to offers, and much more.
On the Market
Your home is entered onto our local Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which serves all of San Diego County. Your home will be listed on the local MLS with appealing and accurate descriptions, interior pictures and a virtual tour.
- Extensive Web Exposure – I invest heavily in online marketing of my listings. This marketing generates substantial traffic and e-mail inquiries, and are my third largest source of sales. All listings have a virtual tour, interior pictures and descriptive captions.
- Virtual Tours – I include a Virtual Tour in all of my listings which gets included in the syndication to multiple real estate websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Yahoo, Craigslist, local MLS and many more. Virtual tours may consist of both still photos and panoramic “tours”, and will include pictures of the most attractive aspects of your home. Many agents make the mistake of showing every nook and cranny of the home but the key is to only draw attention to the best parts of your home leaving a little mystery and luring the potential buyer to make visit your home in person where we can make a real, concrete, personal impression.
- Latest Technology – I stay current on the latest real estate tools and technology. I have a professional quality D-SLR 18MP camera with a wide angle lens to take beautiful, sharp and attractive photos. I have a high quality laser printer that produces amazing color graphics and pictures for your home brochures. I make extensive use of online marketing, e-mail, social networking, and mobile tools.
- For Sale Sign with Rider
- Lock box
- 7 day/week showing service
- Open House(s)
Continuing Market Survey & Market Updates– I stay on top of the market for you. I monitor the homes that have sold, and those that haven’t to ensure that we are still priced appropriately. I will provide updates to you periodically on the current market activity with:
- New Competing Listings
- Status of Competing Listings
- Number of Showings
- Number of Internet Hits
- Feedback Reports I follow up with every buyer agent who shows your home. I will provide their feedback to you as soon as it comes in.
- Creative Solutions/Objective Opinions As I get to know your home better, and the feedback starts coming in, I may find that the market is objecting to something that neither of us thought of. Or, I may discover special features in your home that should be showcased differently. Either way, I take great pride in my creative solutions – this is, making adjustments as we go along in response to market feedback and conditions.
- If I see something that needs to be changed, I will tell you – whether or not I think it’s something that you want to hear. Many agents seem to assume that their clients are not open to suggestions, and I work on the assumption that that’s part of what you’re paying me for!
Contract to Closing Services
The real work begins after we’re “under contract”. There are inspections to negotiate, lenders to keep an eye on, and appraisers to be prepared for. Stringent monitoring of dates and deadlines is essential, as is a careful review of title work. We manage these processes utilizing a follow-up system that covers crucial items for every pending sale including:
- Ordering the title commitment with distribution to all parties. If there are any problems found in the commitment, I will work with you and the buyer’s agent to resolve them.
- Ensure that all disclosures are made properly, in a timely manner, and that all documents have signatures.
- Review the closing figures carefully so that you get every penny that’s coming to you.
- Place follow-up calls to the buyer’s lender and the buyer’s agent every week to ensure that the loan is progressing smoothly, and will notify you immediately if it appears the contract is in danger (in this case, I will aggressively renew full marketing).
Sometimes the most painful part of selling (and buying) a home is the inspection. If an issue arises in the inspection that needs attention, I will help negotiate the best settlement for you and assist in expediting agreed to repairs.
In our fluctuating market, appraisals can be problematic. It is not unusual to see a wide range of comparable sales for apparently similar homes, and an unprepared agent can cost her client money if she can’t justify the sales price of her listing. I am fully prepared for every appraisal, and may have already previewed any comparable sales the appraiser might use.
Selling your home will have its frustrating moments. How frustrating it is depends a lot on your real estate agent. I promise to do my best to reduce stress before, during and after the sale.